Mumbai is the ultimate destination for foodies. The city is known for its distinctive street foods and indigenous cuisine restaurants. While touring Mumbai you will definitely need reliable restaurants to satisfy the hunger twinge. While the Zomato app does come in handy from time to time, we want to offer you our suggestions:
1. If you are in Colaba, enjoy some Indian (Parsi) delicacies, Lebanese cuisine, sizzlers and continental dishes at Piccadilly Restaurant. It is a small restaurant on the side of the road opposite Electric House. Piccadilly Restaurant is still owned and managed by its original owners and authentic dishes are still prepared. Try the kheema pav (minced chicken with bread), chicken shawarma and in desserts try the mawa cakes and custard.
2. Another restaurant you can try around the area is Delhi Darbar and Bademiya Grill well known for non-vegetarian food. They have a vast menu of chicken delicacies. Enjoy lip-smacking chicken biryani at Delhi Darbar. At Bademiyaan Grill, there are varieties of appetizing grilled kebabs worth trying.
3. If you are vegetarian, Kailash Parbat is the best eatery around for their chaats (street food) and sweets. It is a great place to silence your hunger pangs. It is a pure vegetarian hotel with a decent ambience and affordable rates.
4. Khyber is known for fine dining and its mesmerising interiors. Brick walls with stone pillars and masterful paintings adorning the walls, this restaurant is elegant and refined. Cuisines offered are North Indian, Seafood and Mughlai. Start off with the masala papad, devour the Paneer Korma and indulge in their menu.
5. The Bombay Canteen has a fun vibe which serves eclectic twists on Indian classic cuisine. The place has restricted entry so booking a table beforehand to relish modern Indian vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes is a must. The service is efficient and the staff courteous. Try out the recommended dishes – Desi Taco – Goan Pulled Pork on a Thepla, Veg Mutton Kofta, Bhutte ka Khees, Red Snapper Ceviche, Arbi Tuk and Barley and Jowar salad.
The same owners also have another restaurant under their hat called O Pedro at Bandra Kurla Complex that serves delicious Goan and continental food. Some dishes that you must try are Chocolate and olive oil mousse, Peri Peri Chicken, Red Snapper ‘Poke’, Lisbon Pakora, Poee, Watana Rassa, Veal Tongue Prosciutto, Cauliflower Caldeen and Cocktails.
6. Soam in Babulnath is famous for four types of khichdi (a mixture of rice and dal). The four types of khichdi; namely Sabudana Khichdi, Moong Dal/ Vaghareli Khichdi, Palak phada ni khichdi and Masala phada khichdi all are excellent, so make sure you go with friends! Amongst the extensive menu, the other must-try dishes are Gatte Ki Sabzi with Masala Satpadi, Moong Dal Khichu, Farsan Platter, Jowar Pita Pockets and Malai Malpua. It is a heaven for healthy eaters and not heavy on the pocket.
7. Swati Snacks is a convenient destination for delicious vegetarian food in South Mumbai. Swati Snacks is located in Tardeo and Nariman Point. The décor is minimal yet modern and clean. It has a visible kitchen and mouth-watering vegetarian dishes. Highlights are chaats, pav bhaji and a Gujarati version of falafel. The street food here will surely not disappoint you.
8. Try out South Indian delicacies at Dakshinayan restaurant at Malabar Hill and Juhu. Enjoy efficient service and mouth-watering south Indian idlis and dosas. Do not miss out on the filter coffee which is divine! Go here for breakfast and you will surely have a pleasurable rest of the day.
9. Trishna in Kala Ghoda is the place to go for relishing amazing fresh seafood. King crabs, squids, jumbo prawns, lobster, whatever you want to try it will be on the menu in a variety of different styles. Some delectable dishes we recommend to devour are the Butter Garlic Crab, Jumbo Prawns, Squid Koliwada, Hyderabadi Pomfret, Neer Dosa and Dal Hyderabadi.
10. Peshawri in ITC Maratha situated in Chakala is the epitome of luxury dining. They specialize in North Indian and Mughlai cuisines. It is a haven for non-vegetarian lovers. The rustic and royal ambience will leave you in awe. Try out the Single solo meal (containing succulent pieces of chicken, dal and choice of kebabs), Sikandari naan and varieties of kebabs.
We hope you enjoyed our list of delectable restaurants around Mumbai. It has left us with our mouths-watering! Book your stay at Lalco Residency (LR) to enjoy the 5-star amenities and save up to 40% than comparable hotels. To book your own comfortable apartment with us and get the best deals, contact us at: